When purchasing a new construction camera system for your job site, it’s important to verify the system provides all the features you need. What do you need your construction camera system to do so that you don’t have to do it yourself?
1. Is it easy to access the images from your construction cameras?
Since TrueLook works just like any other website, it’s easy to log in to view the images taken at your construction site. The camera interface adapts itself to fit your screen whether you are using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. Plus, you can capture images with your phone or tablet camera and then easily upload them to TrueLook’s photo album.
2. How secure are your construction cameras?
A secure construction camera system operates exclusively over HTTPS, which means data is only accessible over an encrypted network connection. When choosing your next construction camera system, it’s worth verifying that the system will not be vulnerable to network compromises.
3. What are the benefits of having a construction camera system?
There are numerous benefits to installing a construction camera system:
- Security – TrueLook fixed-position construction cameras are capable of motion-activated HD security video recording with an optional infrared illuminator for recording at night.
- Project Management – Monitor, document and make decisions based on real-time video connectivity.
- Video and still photo documentation for potential safety violations and job-site accidents.
- Live video streaming for client access, project management and future proposal meetings with potential clients.
Contractors and clients can also provide video access to project backers, including banking institutions, to demonstrate acceptable progress. One TrueLook client gave access to their bank representative who approved the next stage of funding based solely on their construction camera access. It saved the representative a time-consuming trip to the actual job site to conduct their inspection. The client received their funds at an earlier time than with previous conventional methods due to their trust in TrueLook.
4. How much flexibility do I have with my construction camera system?
Construction cameras typically come in two different models: fixed-position, and Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) cameras. Fixed-position usually offer the highest resolution for viewers and a much wider field-of-view (FOV). Our TrueLook fixed-position cameras come with two resolution options:
- 5-megapixel resolution with 90-inch horizontal field-of-view – produces twice the resolution of 1080p
- 12-megapixel resolution with 120-inch horizontal field-of-view – produces 4k+ resolution
Our TrueLook Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) construction cameras can create 350° time-lapse images up to 50 megapixel in size. The robotic movement controls can be remotely accessed using the TrueLook web app interface. The TrueLook PTZ camera also comes with 18x optical zoom capabilities.
5. How do I install my construction cameras?
A self-contained construction camera often requires only two elements: a power source and a mounting surface. TrueLook offers a solar power option that integrates with either fixed-position or PTZ cameras. This allows contractors to install a construction camera system without requiring power to be present. Mounting hardware usually comes with a construction camera, so be sure to know what’s required to get your system up and running without searching for another tool or power source.
When you’re ready to purchase your next construction camera system, our TrueLook team would love to connect with you. Simply click here when you’re ready to talk with TrueLook.