TO APPLY – Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About this Role
TrueLook, a leader in construction jobsite visibility, is looking for a Sr Lead
QA Engineer to join its team. This Sr lead role will help in the
architecture, design, development, and implementation of our industry leading
web based application.
• Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex problems
• Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
• Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
• Are passionate about application testing and testing frameworks
• Have an Automation First mentality
• Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
• Love working in a startup culture
…then working at TrueLook is unlike anything else.
We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and are building a world-class team.
The Sr. Lead QA Engineer will help architect, design and implement modern, scalable, and
reliable test systems that take advantage of a wide array of AWS services as well as interface
with a variety of cameras located throughout the world. Contributing to the End-to-End CI/CD
pipeline with a test coverage of over 80% will be a primary focus.
This individual brings a testing mindset to the team, and is responsible for testing and delivering
complex software requirements to accomplish business outcomes. This individual will lead,
guide and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases, test
procedures and test suites. The Sr QA Lead establishes metrics, mentors team members and
coordinates/collaborates with the interfacing applications and software vendor resources.
Individuals will be part of scrum teams, partnering with development to deliver on projects that
are a part of integrated releases, monthly application code changes and support break fix work
as well. In addition, resources will support the automation of testing, updating and managing
- Lead a team of QA engineers and collaborate with them to create and maintain automated tests.
- Manage, participate and lead the Defect Triage process
- Meet with Software Engineers and Product owners to determine QA strategies.
- Work closely with product owners, engineers, and team members to identify areas and methods to help improve testing efficiency, expand coverage, and promote product reliability.
- Designing automated testing processes across all levels of the testing pyramid and ensuring their proper implementation.
- Investigate new technologies and updates to existing frameworks evaluating their potential benefits if implemented.
- Integrate automated testing processes with CI/CD pipelines and their KPI reporting to ensure visibility of code quality.
- Track and report defects to depict the status of the sprint and/or system stability
- Facilitate and participate in demos explaining application functionality and/or test scripts that have been written.
- Ensure functionality is stable and provide feedback on readiness for production release.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and
- coordinating QA resources
- Lead the testing effort and team to plan, construct and execute release tests
- Fully contribute to the Quality Assurance Team as both a member of the team and as a leader.
- Lead & mentor 1-3 QA Engineers that represent the QA team
- Lead & help manage any outsourced QA resources when needed
- Review test plans, test cases, and defects to encourage the development of new test
- strategies, and maintain a continuous improvement environment to improve quality and
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries
- Help define and monitor all KPIs for the TrueLook application
- Experience with Test Automation, scripting and Regression testing.
- Experience with defect management systems such as JIRA
- Work with the development and product teams to ensure consistent, high-quality deliveries
- Mentor team members in both technical and leadership capacities
- Help formulate, refine, and enforce department standards, policies and procedures
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- 6+ years relevant industry experience
- 3+ years experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCS)
- 2+ years experience as team lead or relevant experience
- Experience with Agile/Kanban delivery methodology
- Knowledge of the different testing paradigms.
- Knowledge of UI testing technologies like Selenium, Appium, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Unit/Integration testing technologies like xUnit, Jest, Mocha, Chai, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of API testing technologies
- Understanding of Web app architecture, Web Services, and REST APIs
- Enjoys mentoring team members, explaining why things are done in a certain manner instead of just how things are done
- Demonstrates strong problem resolving capabilities including brainstorming alternatives to a given problem
- Not afraid to show leadership by identifying and incorporating best practices and processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect with others.
- Passionate about testing and continuous improvement; strives to keep things as simple as possible.
What TrueLook offers
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible PTO
- A fun and engaging work environment
- Team building
- Profit sharing
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental for employee only after 1 year of employment