Video has been shown to generate much more engagement than photos, and offers a variety of innovative ways to promote your brand.
Consider these stats:
- Videos attract 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads.
- A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video.
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%.
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%.
Including video in your marketing outreach helps attract and convert customers. Construction firms that use video are more likely to rank higher and be found in search, successfully capture the attention of prospective customers and compel them to click through to learn more. And time-lapse footage is a versatile marketing tool that can be used to showcase your firm’s differentiators, generate interest and excitement around projects and demonstrate exceptional jobsite management.
Here are some great ways to use time-lapse video to market your firm:
- Showcase a large or high-profile project. Has your firm just completed a large, complex project? Using time-lapse video to showcase your success lets prospects know you’re capable of taking this type of job all the way to completion. Add it to your website, or YouTube channel, and point investors and prospects to it as an example of your work.
- Proof your firm’s capabilities. Show, don’t tell! A time-lapse video of a project offers proof that your firm can take on a certain type of job. Here’s an example of a cooling tower demolition.
- Create excitement around new construction. Time-lapse video is captivating and helps draw people in. If you want to raise awareness for a big project your firm is working on, time-lapse video can get people checking back to see your progress.
- Promote your firm on social media. Short time-lapse clips drive high engagement on social — according to Hubspot, social media posts with video have 48% more views. And G2 Crowd reports that social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and image content combined. Don’t forget LinkedIn. Video campaigns on LinkedIn have 50% view rates. Simply incorporating a short clip of time-lapse footage can send your conversions through the roof!
- Showcase modular construction offering. Modular construction is gaining momentum as a way to save money and accelerate project completion. Use time-lapse video to demonstrate your modular construction processes and show how modules are incorporated into the main construction project.
- Hype up an event or opening. Time-lapse video is perfect for event promotion in emails, on your website or in trade show booths. You can easily create excitement about events involving your projects by displaying video footage of the structure your firm worked on coming together.
Getting Started with Time-Lapse
The best way to capture time-lapse footage is to install construction cameras in a strategic location(s) at your jobsite. Construction cameras are purpose-built for this type of environment, and eliminate the need to hire professional photographers, who can charge between $1000 to $3000 per day. No oversight is necessary; once installed, construction cameras capture the footage automatically and can be controlled remotely, using an Internet browser.
Construction cameras produce high-quality still photos in addition to video, which can also augment your sales and marketing efforts.
Of course, with any video project, quality is key. TrueLook’s high-quality construction cameras provide ultra HD images up to 250 megapixels. You can choose from fixed-position cameras, offering amazing resolution or pan-tilt zoom (PTZ) cameras offering the ability to create multi-image panoramas. TrueLook’s PTZ camera systems feature optical zoom with virtual lossless quality, enabling you to capture project details.
Check out TrueLook’s construction camera options and watch a demo of our time-lapse capabilities.