Fixed cameras offer the highest resolutions and widest viewing angles. Their lower complexity allows for ultra-stable time-lapses and lower prices.
Fixed Vs. PTZ Cameras
Fixed-Position cameras have a number of advantages over Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) cameras:
- Much wider field-of-view
- Higher resolution images
- Camera will never move during security recording
- Less moving parts
Superb Image Quality
Fixed-position cameras produce incredibly high resolution images. These cameras are available in 5, 12, or 20 megapixels. For a rock solid camera with crisp HD images, these cameras are unmatched.
TrueLook Exclusive :
DSLR Construction Camera
Our new 20 megapixel camera utilizes a DSLR lens to capture extremely high resolution images. This is the first and only DSLR camera on the market to come standard with live streaming video and security recording. Other construction camera services may offer DSLR cameras that let you view recent images. Yet for a fraction of the cost, TrueLook includes live image viewing, live streaming video, custom time-lapsing, and 24/7 security recording standard on every camera.
Which Resolution Do I Need?
Your computer monitor can only display a certain number of pixels. A 1080p monitor, for instance, can display about 2 megapixels. So you may wonder why you’d ever need a webcam above 1080p resolution. The answer is digital zooming. A higher resolution camera image can be digitally zoomed (stretched) further.
5 Megapixels Sounds Small...
Don’t get caught up in the numbers game. A 5MP image is actually quite large! And remember, larger images take longer to download, so balance your resolution needs against how responsive you want your camera to perform.
About Fixed-Position Cameras
- HD megapixel camera
- Outdoor enclosure with thermostat controlled heater/blower
- Your choice of mounts: wall, corner or pole mount (Non-penetrating roof mounts also available)
- Turnkey installation – simply connect power
- Automatic connection over speedy 4G LTE
- Unlimited USA support
- Resolution: 5, 12, or 20 megapixels
- Digital zoom
- 5MP: 92° horizontal field-of-view
- 12MP: 86° horizontal field-of-view
- 20MP: 96° horizontal field-of-view
- Operational temperature: -25°F to 140°F (Can be upgraded for -60°F to 145°F)
- Powered by standard 110V AC
- Weight: Max 20lbs
- Number of simultaneous users: virtually unlimited
- Number of simultaneous time-lapses: virtually unlimited
- View your live jobsite from anywhere
- Create unlimited, customizable time-lapses
- 24/7 HD security recording
- Save images to photo albums with notes
- Save photos locally to your computer
- View live & historical weather conditions
- Cloud storage of images and videos – free forever
- And more…
All fixed-position cameras have roughly a right-angle (90°) horizontal FOV.